Ever since people became aware that their hair is more than just protection for warmth, they have been altering their hair to reflect their preferences and personality. Hair is the crown of beauty for every person, so it is not difficult to understand why people invest in their hair so much.
There are many ways to enhance hair. Some people use various chemicals to straighten, curl, or even repair their hair. Dyes have been used for generations to alter the color of hair. Ever since the invention of scissors and combs, people have styled their hair in limitless ways.
With the advent of hair-styling appliances, hairstyles have become even more varied. Furthermore, these appliances can even make hairstyling even more convenient, more efficient, and easier.
One of the most common hairstyling appliances is the hair dryers. natural hair blow dryer blow a jet of air through heated nichrome, creating a blast of hot air that is used to dry wet hair.More info healthline.com
Here are some ways on how to effectively use your hair dryer to achieve perfect results.
1. First, you have to remember that improper blow drying can damage your hair. Extreme heat can lift the hair’s cuticle up, drain the hair of natural moisture that gives it its shine, and can make hair brittle. For this reason, never use the high setting of your hair blow dryer.
2. After bathing, before using your hair dryer, squeeze out the excess water out and pat, do not rub, your hair with a towel. This will not only produce better results but pre-drying your also makes hair blow drying quicker.
3. Set the dryer to low or medium heat. Remember, high heat can actually damage your hair. Also, instead of setting the dryer to high heat, you might want to set it to high speed.
4. When blow drying your hair, do not hold the dryer too close. Even if the dryer is set to low heat, the extreme concentration of hot air, when placed close to the hair, can actually damage the hair, just as if the dryer was set in high heat.
The ideal distance is around six to eight inches away from your hair.
5. Blow drying becomes more efficient if you section your hair. Always start at the underside of your hair.
6. When blow drying, start at your nape. Then move the dryer to the side, then toward the crown.
7. When blow drying, point the hot air jet along the hair in the direction of the ends. Do not blow against the direction of your hair.
8. For extra protection against hair damage, try using a thermal protector.
9. Always use the nozzle attachment provided to your hair blow dryer.
10. While blow drying, brush your hair rapidly. At the same time, move your dryer. Do not focus the heat stream to only one part of your hair.
11. If you want your hair to dry quicker, apply a blow drying lotion to your hair first.
12. Once your hair is at least 80 percent dry, style it the way you want it using combs, brushes, curlers, etc.
13. Lastly, to hold the style in place, apply a light coat of light-hold hairspray.